The Therapeutic Application of Board Games in Play Therapy – Live Web-Based Workshop
This 3-hour play therapy workshop is dedicated to preparing workshop participants to utilize board games in the playroom with a variety of client needs and diagnoses. This experiential workshop will provide a history of using games in play therapy both formally and informally, as well as allow for participants to create, adapt and/or collaborate on their own therapeutically beneficial board game for their clients.
- Participants in this workshop will analyze and discuss the pros and cons of using board games in the playroom with children, adolescents and/or adults as well as discuss play therapy approaches when working with board games in order to enhance their overall effectiveness in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will develop and create their own board game, or modify an existing board game, to be used therapeutically as a play therapy intervention while discussing the therapeutic application that meets the needs of their client’s clinical treatment plan.
- Participants in this workshop will experientially demonstrate 4-5 play therapy activities utilizing traditional, created, or therapeutic board games and discuss the pros and cons for allowing cheating in the playroom.
Instructor: Dr. Lindsay Bonebrake, LCPC, LPC, RPT-S, NCC, CCMHC
8:45-10:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- The workshop powerpoint and login information will be provided by email one day prior to the workshop. No refunds for workshop fees will be provided if the withdrawal request is received after 8:00 am on the day before the scheduled workshop.
- CE Certificates are provided at the conclusion of the workshop to individuals who register, login and participate in the live web-based workshop.
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 8:00 am the day before the scheduled workshop in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
- If a student does not login and participate in the workshop the student will not be eligible for a refund or a CE certificate for the workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
This course is available as a Live Web-Based Workshop
Live Web-Based Workshop on June 1, 2020 from 8:45am-12:00pm
Heartland Play – Overland Park, KS on Monday, October 5, 2020 from 8:45am-12:00pm
6701 W. 64th Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66202
1209 E. Walnut St.
Columbia MO 65201
2100 West University Street
Wichita, KS 67213
Orchard Place Child Guidance Center
805 5th Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309
Immanuel Medical Center: Conference Center
6901 N. 72nd St.
Omaha, NE 68131