Play Therapy in the School Setting – Live Web-Based Workshop
This workshop will focus on the use of play therapy in schools with grades K-12 within both general education and special education settings. Child and play therapy strategies and techniques to utilize for assessment, treatment with groups and individuals, working with staff and Tier 1 services will be included. This workshop will focus on issues specific to the school setting.
- Participants will identify and analyze issues specific to play therapy in the school setting such as collaborating with school staff, working with families, navigating school-based systems such as MTSS and special education, monitoring progress and crisis response.
- Participants will discuss evidenced based play therapy skills and strategies used for a variety of ages and populations across all tiers of support in the school setting.
- Participants will assess key play therapy concepts they can apply within their practice in a school setting.
- Through a play therapy approach, participants will apply common assessment and diagnostic tools used in the school setting.
- Participants will discuss and practice how to assist students and school staff on using play therapy skills throughout the school day.
- Participants will create a plan on how to collaborate with educational and school community staff on informing about one’s play therapy practice.
Instructor: Tina Clark, LSCSW, RPT-S
8:30am-10:30am each day
- The workshop powerpoint and login information will be provided by email one day prior to the workshop. No refunds for workshop fees will be provided if the withdrawal request is received after 8:00 am on the day before the scheduled workshop.
- CE Certificates are provided at the conclusion of the workshop to individuals who register, login and participate in the live web-based workshop.
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 8:00 am the day before the scheduled workshop in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
- If a student does not login and participate in the workshop the student will not be eligible for a refund or a CE certificate for the workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.