Des Moines Class 49
What’s Included in the Play Therapy Certificate Program?
Enrollment and tuition in the full Play Therapy Certificate Program includes the following:
- 10 monthly classes to complete 150 hours of play therapy training.
- Hands on practical learning and clinical application at each class with qualified clinicians experienced in their class content area.
- Supplies for participation in workshop activities.
- Workshop PowerPoints and additional printed materials printed for each workshop.
- Sandtray Therapy materials including a sand tray with lid, high quality sand and starter miniature set.
- Books provided to students to enhance learning, including:
– Dibs: In Search of Self
– I Love You Rituals
– No Drama Discipline
- Referrals to qualified Registered Play Therapy Supervisors currently providing supervision to individual in the student’s community.
Approved by the Association for Play Therapy and the National Board for Certified Counselors
APT Approved Provider 15-424
NBCC ACEP Number 6774
The Play Therapy Certificate Program is competitively priced for professionals, with a generous discount provided for graduate students (proof of current enrollment required).
Your Des Moines Class 49 Program
Orchard Place Child Guidance Center
808 5th Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309-1315
In-Person Format: Friday 12:30pm-8:30pm; Saturday 8:30am-5:30pm
Web-Based Format: 8:30am-5:00pm CST both days
|Child-Centered Play Therapy Phase|
|Foundations of Child-Centered Play Therapy||March 4-5, 2022 Web-Based|
Practice of Child-Centered Play Therapy Skills
|May 6-7, 2022 Web-Based|
|Sandtray in Play Therapy||August 5-6, 2022|
|Systemic Play Therapy Phase|
|Attachment: Creating Connection through Play Therapy||November 4-5, 2022|
|Special Topics in Play Therapy: Infant, Toddler & Neurosensory Play||January 20-21, 2023|
|Engaging Adolescents in Play Therapy||March 3-4, 2023 Web-Based|
|Family Play Therapy||May 5-6, 2023|
|Directive Play Therapy Phase|
|Theories of Directive Play Therapy||July 14-15, 2023 Web-Based|
|Play Therapy with Abuse & Trauma||October 6-7, 2023|
|Special Topics in Play Therapy: Grief & Adult Inner Child||January 19-20, 2024|