The science is clear: Adverse Childhood Experiences and Developmental Trauma have a profound impact on the development of our brains and bodies. This workshop is designed for play therapists to explore through the play therapy lens how trauma is passed down from generation to generation, through both behavior and genetics. In addition, this workshop will examine Shawna Murray Browne’s Liberation-Focused Framework and how to apply it in the playroom.
1. Participants of this workshop will examine the play therapist’s role in intergenerational trauma as it applies to marginalized communities.
2. Participants of this workshop will discuss how intergenerational trauma presents in their clients in the playroom.
3. Participants of this workshop will examine the Liberation-Focused Framework of healing to increase the play therapist’s overall cultural competence for working with diverse clients.
4. Participants of this workshop apply components of the Liberation Focused Framework to play therapy.
5. Participants of this workshop will identify other play therapy modalities that are appropriate for healing intergenerational trauma.
6. Participants of this workshop will create a therapeutic intervention, based in play, that can address intergenerational trauma.
Instructor: Brittany Talley, MA, LPC, RPT-S
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues
1:00-2:30 Training Resumes
2:30-2:45 Afternoon Break
2:45-4:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.