It’s tough to be a teen! Come join us in this advanced adolescent play therapy workshop as we process through techniques to connect with adolescents and help them get un-stuck and out of the dark clouds of depression and anxiety. In this workshop, we will dive into the impact of world stressors that directly impact teens like the pandemic, social media and school shootings and explore techniques and interventions that are aimed to increase overall healthy relationships with themselves and others.
- Participants of this workshop will identify and discuss through a play therapy lens the impact of current world events on the overall mental health of adolescents.
- Participants of this workshop will explore movement and play-based techniques to help the adolescent client process through depression and anxiety and increase an overall sense of self-fulfillment.
- Participants of this workshop will discuss different techniques to help adolescents foster healthy connections and relationships with those around them and explore ways to engage the parent or family members throughout the therapeutic process.
Instructor: Leah Schwarz, LSCSW, RPT
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.