What does it mean to be gifted? Being gifted is more than being smart and getting good grades and it does not always seem like a “gift”. In this play therapy workshop, participants will identify what it means to be considered gifted, common presenting issues of gifted children, special concerns with gifted children, and identify and demonstrate play therapy approaches and techniques for working with gifted children in a play therapy, school, and clinical setting.
- Participants of this workshop will examine through a play therapy lens the characteristics of gifted children and definitions of giftedness at the Federal and State level.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the common presenting problems of gifted children in the classroom, home and play therapy setting and demonstrate strategies of educating and supporting their parents.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze and demonstrate 6-8 play therapy approaches and techniques for working with gifted children.
Instructor: Rob Fisher, PhD, RPT, LCP-MO
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.