Why We Play: An Introduction to Play Therapy – Manhattan, KS
“Birds fly. Fish swim. Children play.” -Dr. Landreth
Play is an important tool for children to process what happens in their daily lives. This workshop will provide an introduction to the effectiveness of and the use of therapeutic play and play therapy methods.
- Participants of this workshop will review and analyze current research on the importance of play in the clinical setting.
- Participants of this workshop will observe and discuss videos from the leaders of the play therapy field on the therapeutic powers of play.
- Participants of this workshop will experientially demonstrate 2-4 play therapy interventions to use with their clients in the playroom.
Instructor: Amber Johnson, LCPC, RPT-S
12:30-1:45 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
1:45-2:00 Afternoon Break
2:00-3:45 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
This course is available in Manhattan
ieDiscoveries – Manhattan, KS on January 8, 2020 from 12:30-3:45pm
6701 W. 64th Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66202
1209 E. Walnut St.
Columbia MO 65201
2100 West University Street
Wichita, KS 67213
Orchard Place Child Guidance Center
805 5th Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309
Immanuel Medical Center: Conference Center
6901 N. 72nd St.
Omaha, NE 68131