Developing a Well-Rounded Clinical and Play Therapist through Supervision – Live Web-Based Workshop
What makes a supervisee well-rounded? As the supervisor, how do I know if I am doing enough for them or challenging them to be the best they can be? These are just a few of the internal thoughts a play therapy and clinical supervisors might have during the course of supervising. This workshop is designed to examine the overall development and effectiveness of the supervisee in the play therapy and/or clinical setting so that all supervisors can move forward confidently in their supervisory practice.
- Participants will compile and discuss the expected abilities of the clinical and play therapy supervisee and supervisor focusing on: Professional development, professional identity and clinical/advocacy skills.
- Participants will use expressive arts and other supervisory-based play therapy interventions to assess the supervisee in various stages of development.
- Participants will examine the core values of self-awareness and insight of the supervisee through the play therapy lens.
- Participants will analyze and discuss the role cultural competency plays in the supervisory relationship in the clinical and play therapy setting.
- Participants will create a list of their personal core values of cultural competency through group discussion, videos and experiential play.
- Participants will examine the overall importance and value of self-care goals and implementation through group discussion and play therapy experiential practice.
Instructor: Carmy Goodwin, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
8:45-10:15 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:15-10:30 Morning Break
10:30-12:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- The workshop PowerPoint and log-in information will be provided by email one day prior to the workshop. If a student does not login and participate in the workshop the student will not be eligible for a refund or a CE certificate for the workshop.
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $75 administrative fee for a 15 CE hour workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a 6 CE hour workshop and a $25 administrative fee for a 3 CE hour workshop.
- CE Certificates are provided at the conclusion of the workshop to individuals who register, login and participate in the live web-based workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.