This 3-hour play therapy workshop is dedicated to preparing workshop participants to utilize board games in the playroom with a variety of client needs and diagnoses. This experiential workshop will provide a history of using games in play therapy both formally and informally, as well as allow for participants to create, adapt and/or collaborate on their own therapeutically beneficial board game for their clients.
- Participants in this workshop will analyze and discuss the pros and cons of using board games in the playroom with children, adolescents and/or adults as well as discuss play therapy approaches when working with board games in order to enhance their overall effectiveness in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will develop and create their own board game, or modify an existing board game, to be used therapeutically as a play therapy intervention while discussing the therapeutic application that meets the needs of their client’s clinical treatment plan.
- Participants in this workshop will experientially demonstrate 4-5 play therapy activities utilizing traditional, created, or therapeutic board games and discuss the pros and cons for allowing cheating in the playroom.
- The workshop PowerPoint and log-in information will be provided by email one day prior to the workshop. If a student does not login and participate in the workshop the student will not be eligible for a refund or a CE certificate for the workshop.
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $75 administrative fee for a 15 CE hour workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a 6 CE hour workshop and a $25 administrative fee for a 3 CE hour workshop.
- CE Certificates are provided at the conclusion of the workshop to individuals who register, log-in and participate in the live web-based workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.