EMDR in Play Therapy: Processing Strategies for Children – Live Web-Based Workshop
This play therapy workshop is designed for EMDR-trained clinicians who provide child therapy with children ages 2-8 years old. Through a play therapy lens, this workshop will address all the EMDR Phases, with special attention given to History-Taking, Assessment, and Processing Phases. This unique population requires special consideration of developmental capacity when gathering client history and identifying components of target, image, cognitions, emotions, and body sensations. Experiential play therapy activities, vignettes, and demonstration will be used to introduce strategies to integrate EMDR into child therapy. Must have completed at least EMDR Level 1.
- Participants of this workshop will review and discuss the 8 phases of EMDR and identify core tasks through a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will practice and demonstrate 3 play therapy interventions for Phase 1: History Taking for children.
- Participants of this workshop will identify 3 levels of parent participation in the child’s therapeutic services.
- Participants of this workshop will develop an EMDR Treatment Plan with measurable play therapy goals and objectives.
- Participants of this workshop will engage in creative play to build a physical container as a Phase 2 strategy.
- Participants of this workshop will identify 3 play therapy interventions for Phase 3: Assessment and practice 1 as a therapist and client in role play.
- Participants of this workshop will engage in experiential practice of Phases 4-7 of an identified target using directive play therapy interventions.
- Participants of this workshop will explore 3 considerations for Phase 8: Re-evaluation through a play therapy lens.
Instructor: Krista Kastler, LSCSW, LCSW, EMDR Certified Therapist
9:30-11:15 Sign-In, Check-In and Training
11:15-11:30 Morning Break
11:30-12:45 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.