Special Topics in Play Therapy: The Adult Inner Child – Omaha
6901 N. 72nd St.
Omaha, NE 68131
There is no such thing as “age appropriate” when it comes to play. This play therapy workshop will explain the need and benefits of accessing, healing and honoring the inner child through play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze the history of the inner child concept through a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will assess how the wounded inner child contaminates adult life in the context of play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the distinct aspect of the adult and child parts through a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate 4-7 play therapy techniques to implement with adult clients in accessing the inner child.
- Participants of this workshop will identify brain function and how to access each aspect in an effective manner utilizing play therapy techniques in working with adult clients.
- Participants of this workshop will utilize a six-step process of healing trauma within the inner child with the use of play therapy techniques.
Instructor: Amber Johnson, LCPC, RPT-S
12:30-1:00 Sign in, Play Check-In and Overview
1:00-3:00 Workshop Presentation
3:15-5:30 Training Continues
6:00-7:15 Continue Training
7:30-8:30 Training Continues, Wrap-Up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.