She/He/They/Them: Using Play Therapy with the LGBTQIA+ Community – Kansas City/Live Webinar
This workshop will help the play therapist identify important culturally sensitive considerations when working with the LGBTQIA+ community to build a more positive relationship with clients and their parents at the onset of the therapeutic relationship. This workshop will provide an overview related to safety concerns, supports, and specific interventions geared to increase the play therapist’s confidence in being a safe and supportive space for the LGBTQIA+ population.
- Participants of this workshop will recognize and demonstrate culturally sensitive language when working with the LGBTQIA+ clients in and out of the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will examine risks related to suicide and self-harm within the LGBTQIA+ community and discuss supportive resources to utilize in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will examine 6 play therapy interventions focused on working with the LGBTQIA+ community and their families.
Instructor: Amber Wood, LPC, RPT
1:00-2:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
2:30-2:45 Afternoon Break
2:45-4:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to Heartlandp[email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.