- Participants of this workshop will examine the role of the clinical and play therapist they will be supervising, as well as their role as the clinical and play therapy supervisor.
- Participants of this workshop will reflect on the experiences and people that have influenced their career, contributing to their formation as a clinical and/or play therapist and supervisor in order to better describe their current supervisor identity.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate strategies that establish clear expectations in the beginning phase of supervision with clinical and play therapists, including initial and ongoing contracts, documentation and evaluation.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze the Paper on Touch from the Association of Play Therapy as they consider strategies for guiding their clinical and play therapy supervisees to appropriately utilize touch in the adult, child and family therapy process.
- Participants of this workshop will examine supervisory techniques that use technology during clinical and play therapy supervision and develop technology policies that establish clear expectations in supervision.
- Participants of this workshop will create expectations, discuss concerns and develop specific tasks for the beginning phase of clinical and play therapy supervision with clinical and play therapy supervisees.
Instructor: Lori Peterson, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
Workshop Schedule for both days:
9:00am-10:30am Welcome and training begins
10:45am-12:15 Training continues with conclusion of workshop
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.