Play Therapy with Autism Spectrum Disorder – Omaha
6901 N. 72nd St.
Omaha, NE 68131
Description: This is the first half of our play therapy certificate regular workshop titled: Special Topics in Play Therapy: Assessment, Treatment Planning and Autism. This will be a full 7-hr diagnostic day dedicated to preparing workshop participants to work with Autism Spectrum Disorder and to analyze and create specific play therapy interventions to assist in treatment planning for this community.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze and discuss the criteria specific to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and the symptoms seen in everyday home, school, play therapy and/or clinical settings.
- Participants of this workshop will view demonstrations of play therapy activities and approaches that promote social skills among those diagnosed with ASD and create a list specific to their clients to increase overall progress in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will experientially demonstrate 5 play therapy techniques to with children who have lower and/or heightened sensory input.
- Participants of this workshop will develop and create sensory friendly stimulus to use within their play therapy practice.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze and list key concepts of identifying at-risk children who show early signs of ASD through their play and discuss how this effects treatment planing in their play therapy practice.
- Participants of this workshop will gain confidence and become prepared to utilize play therapy approaches when working with the ASD community in order to enhance their overall effectiveness in the playroom.
Instructor: Dr. Lindsay Bonebrake, LCPC, LPC, RPT, NCC, CCMHC
12:30-1:00 Sign in, Play Check-In and Overview
1:00-3:00 Workshop Presentation
3:15-5:30 Training Continues
6:00-7:15 Continue Training
7:30-8:30 Training Continues, Wrap-Up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.