This play therapy workshop is designed for EMDR-trained clinicians who provide child therapy with children ages 2-8 years old. Through a play therapy lens, this workshop will address all the EMDR Phases, with special attention given to History-Taking, Assessment, and Processing Phases. This unique population requires special consideration of developmental capacity when gathering client history and identifying components of target, image, cognitions, emotions, and body sensations. Experiential play therapy activities, vignettes, and demonstration will be used to introduce strategies to integrate EMDR into child therapy. Must have completed at least EMDR Level 1.
- Participants of this workshop will review and discuss the 8 phases of EMDR and identify core tasks through a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will practice and demonstrate 3 play therapy interventions for Phase 1: History Taking for children.
- Participants of this workshop will identify 3 levels of parent participation in the child’s therapeutic services.
- Participants of this workshop will develop an EMDR Treatment Plan with measurable play therapy goals and objectives.
- Participants of this workshop will engage in creative play to build a physical container as a Phase 2 strategy.
- Participants of this workshop will identify 3 play therapy interventions for Phase 3: Assessment and practice 1 as a therapist and client in role play.
- Participants of this workshop will engage in experiential practice of Phases 4-7 of an identified target using directive play therapy interventions.
- Participants of this workshop will explore 3 considerations for Phase 8: Re-evaluation through a play therapy lens.
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.