Developing a Well-Rounded Play Therapist through Supervision
This workshop will focus on the overall development and effectiveness of the supervisee in the play therapy and/or clinical setting.
- Participants will review and discuss the expected abilities of the clinical and play therapy supervisee and supervisor focusing on: Professional development, professional identity and clinical/advocacy skills.
- Participants will use expressive arts and other supervisory-based play therapy interventions to assess the supervisee in various stages of development.
- Participants will process through core values of self-awareness and insight of the supervisee through the play therapy lens.
- Participants will discuss the role cultural competency plays in the supervisory relationship in the clinical and play therapy setting.
- Participants will learn through group discussion, videos and experiential play therapy activities about their personal core values of cultural competency.
- Participants will review the importance and value of self-care goals and implementation through group discussion and play therapy experiential practice.
Instructor: Carmy Goodwin, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S