Can we be Friends?: Ethics in Play Therapy – Live Web-Based Workshop
Children and families frequently make requests of the play therapist that bring up questions of the therapist’s professional boundaries, such as attending the child client’s school or sporting event, providing individual therapy for the child’s parent or play therapy for the child’s friend, following them on social media or giving a hug at the end of the play therapy session. These requests can leave a play therapist with many mixed feelings and questions. This workshop is designed to address ethical concerns in play therapy relating to multiple relationships, working with multiple clients in the same family and the use of therapeutic touch when providing play therapy services to children and families.
- Participants of this workshop will be able to describe concerns that arise in the context of child and play therapy related to multiple relationships with child clients and their families.
- Participants of this workshop will be able to identify conflicting roles that arise when working with multiple clients (two or more people who have a relationship with each other) and how it informs one’s child and play therapy practice.
- Participants of this workshop will be able to discuss the use of therapeutic touch in the context of child and play therapy.
Instructor: Lori Peterson, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
9:00am-10:30am each day
- The workshop powerpoint and login information will be provided by email one day prior to the workshop. No refunds for workshop fees will be provided if the withdrawal request is received after 8:00 am on the day before the scheduled workshop.
- CE Certificates are provided at the conclusion of the workshop to individuals who register, login and participate in the live web-based workshop.
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 8:00 am the day before the scheduled workshop in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
- If a student does not login and participate in the workshop the student will not be eligible for a refund or a CE certificate for the workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.