Social distancing, face masks and tele-health have provided safety during a worldwide pandemic, yet the distance and isolation they have created has also resulted in touch deficiencies that we are just beginning to understand. How have your personal touch biases shifted during this time? Do you feel uncertain about the use of touch in your play therapy practice? Take some time with us to review the ethical core competencies of touch in play therapy, reflect on your experiences and consider how you plan to utilize touch in your play therapy practice moving forward.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the 5 competencies that contribute to the effective use of touch in play therapy practice.
- Participants of this workshop will identify the differences between professional qualities, ethical core values and ethical principles and how they inform the use of touch in one’s play therapy practice.
- Participants of this workshop will write and discuss reflections designed to explore their own experiences with the mind-body connection and their cultural, religious and familial norms and biases related to touch in order to advance their professional self-awareness when utilizing touch in their play therapy practice.
Instructor: Lori Peterson, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
12:30pm-1:45pm Training Begins
1:45pm-2:00pm Morning Break
2:00pm-3:45pm Training Continues, Post-Test and Evaluations
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.