Advanced Sandtray Techniques – Live Web-Based Workshop – SOLD OUT
“Often the hands know how to solve a riddle with which the intellect has wrestled in vain.” – Carl G. Jung
In this play therapy workshop participants will continue to advance their Sandtray therapy skills through class discussion, video examples and experiential work. This workshop will examine the principles of Sandtray and Sandplay Therapy techniques and will fill your therapeutic tool-box with advanced Sandtray skills to incorporate this modality with individuals, couples, and/or play therapy groups.
- Participants of this workshop will assess, discuss and process through Sandtray examples of the neurobiological effects of trauma in the brain using a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate at least 5 advanced Sandtray and Sandplay techniques with directives central to processing trauma in the in adult and child therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate through experiential play the impact that genogram sandtray protocol has in adult and child therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will examine common Sandtray and Sandplay therapy techniques central to couple and family work in the clinical and/or play therapy setting.
- Participants of this workshop will identify family and/or group tray themes of conflict resolution, healthy communication and boundaries in the context of play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will describe Adlerian Sandtray techniques used with clients that have substance abuse disorders.
To be eligible for this workshop, participants need to have completed at least 6 hours of introductory Sandtray training.
Instructor: Carmy Goodwin, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
Workshop Schedule for Both Days:
8:45-10:15 Training Begins
10:15-10:30 Morning Break
10:30-12:00 Training Continues, Post-Test and Evaluations
- The workshop PowerPoint and log-in information will be provided by email one day prior to the workshop. If a student does not login and participate in the workshop the student will not be eligible for a refund or a CE certificate for the workshop.
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $75 administrative fee for a 15 CE hour workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a 6 CE hour workshop and a $25 administrative fee for a 3 CE hour workshop.
- CE Certificates are provided at the conclusion of the workshop to individuals who register, login and participate in the live web-based workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.