Advanced Sandtray Techniques – Kansas City/Live Webinar
“Often the hands know how to solve a riddle with which the intellect has wrestled in vain.” – Carl G. Jung
In this play therapy workshop participants will continue to advance their Sandtray therapy skills through class discussion, video examples and experiential work. This workshop will examine the principles of Sandtray and Sandplay Therapy techniques and will fill your therapeutic tool-box with advanced Sandtray skills to incorporate this modality with individuals, couples, and/or play therapy groups.
- Participants of this workshop will examine new research of sandtray materials in the playroom to obtain a deeper understanding in the processing of trays.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate through experiential play the impact that a genogram sandtray protocol has in adult and child therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will assess, discuss and process through sandtray examples of the neurobiological effects of trauma in the brain using a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate at least 8 advanced sandtray and sandplay techniques with directives central to processing trauma in the in adult and child therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will examine common sandtray and sandplay therapy techniques central to couples and family work in the clinical and/or play therapy setting.
- Participants of this workshop will identify family and/or group tray themes of conflict resolution, healthy communication and boundaries in the context of play therapy.
To be eligible for this workshop, participants need to have completed at least 6 hours of introductory Sandtray training.
Instructor: Carmy Goodwin, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S™
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues
1:00-2:30 Training Resumes
2:30-2:45 Afternoon Break
2:45-4:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.