What Did They Just Say? Working with Suicidality in Play Therapy – Live Webinar
We have all heard “those” words from our clients in the playroom. This workshop is designed to give the play therapist more confidence and less anxiety when working with clients who are experiencing active and passive suicidal ideation in the playroom. We will examine suicide risk and protective factors, evidenced based suicide assessments and overall play themes to safely work with our clients and their families. Let’s come together to support each other as we discuss such a prevalent topic in our community – suicide.
- Participants of this workshop will identify suicide warning signs with and without congruent play themes in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will examine and demonstrate strategies for screening and assessing for suicidality in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will create a suicide-protocol, with an emphasis on suicide prevention strategies, for their clients and their families in the playroom.
Instructor: Carmy Goodwin, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.