Designed for EMDR-trained clinicians who work with children and teens in school and
residential settings, this workshop will identify strategies and considerations for implementing
the EMDR protocol through a play therapy lens. Discussion, experiential play-based activities
and case examples will be used to identify systemic and operational factors that should be
considered in case conceptualization, stabilization, and processing phases of EMDR therapy in
1. Participants of this workshop will identify 3 considerations for target selection and review
and discuss EMDR processing logistics through a play therapy lens.
2. Participants of this workshop will demonstrate 4 strategies to effectively partner with child
caregivers in and out of the playroom.
3. Participants of this workshop will examine 7 interventions that can be transitioned through
the phases of EMDR for steady, positive growth in child therapy.
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.