Special Topics in Play Therapy: Grief – NW Arkansas
2105 S. 54th St. Suite 2
Rogers, AR 72758
Grief comes in many forms. This workshop will examine the various forms of grief, as well as demonstrate experiential play therapy techniques and tools in navigating grief work in a play therapy setting.
- Participants of this workshop will examine categories of grief and loss through a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will assess important characteristics, functioning levels, and attributes of a child and/or an adult client to appropriately navigate the process of grief as it relates to play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze developmental reactions and responses to the grief process utilizing play therapy techniques.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the unique role of the play therapist while navigating grief in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze the stages of dying and demonstrate at least 5 play therapy activities related to those stages while working with the child and the parent system in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will assess and discuss bibliotherapy strategies in relation to the grief process as it pertains to play therapy theories.
- Participants of this workshop will explore and share about cultural diversity within grief work in child and adult therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will create a play therapy treatment plan specific to their clients based upon the play therapy techniques demonstrated in the workshop.
Instructor: Amber Johnson, LCPC, RPT-S
8:30-10:00 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:00-10:10 Morning Break
10:10-12:00 Training Continues
1:00-2:30 Training Continues
2:30-2:40 Early Afternoon Break
2:40-4:00 Training Continues
4:00-4:10 Afternoon Break
4:10-6:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.