Sandtray in the School Setting
This workshop will provide information on how to effectively implement the play therapy techniques of Sandtray and Sandplay Therapy in the school setting with students ranging from Pre-K to high school. This workshop will focus on using play therapy in the school and the connection needed between the educational and therapeutic environment for student success. Participants will learn how this play therapy tool can facilitate a student, or group of students, to explore personal development, trauma and future goals in a safe and non-threatening environment.
Heartland Play recommends this training for all school counselors, school social workers and school psychologists. Heartland Play recommends each participant have a least 6 hours training in Sandtray training before signing up.
- This workshop will provide an overview of the benefits of using play therapy in the school setting.
- The workshop will focus on the fundamental principles and techniques of Sandtray and Sandplay Therapy through instruction, demonstration, video and experiential engagement.
- This workshop will focus on implementing Sandtray and Sandplay techniques central to work with bullying, peer-to-peer mediation, homework, grade expectations and healthy friendships.
- This workshop will discuss common Sandtray and Sandplay techniques used with children with a variety of developmental delays and diagnoses.
- This workshop will serve to sharpen your Sandtray processing skills through experiential learning.
Instructor: Carmy Goodwin, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT