Sandtray in the School Setting – Live Webinar
This workshop will examine how to effectively implement the play therapy techniques of Sandtray and Sandplay Therapy in the school setting with students ranging from Pre-K to high school. This workshop will assess how using play therapy in the school setting can be the connecting piece between the educational and therapeutic environment for student success.
Heartland Play recommends this training for all school counselors, school social workers and school psychologists. Heartland Play recommends each participant have a least 6 hours training in Sandtray training before signing up.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the benefits of using play therapy in the school setting in comparison to standard talk therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will assess the fundamental principles and techniques of Sandtray and Sandplay Therapy through play therapy instruction, demonstration, video and experiential engagement.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze Sandtray and Sandplay protocols central to working with bullying, peer-to-peer mediation, homework, grade expectations and healthy friendships.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze and demonstrate common play therapy, Sandtray and Sandplay techniques used with children with a variety of developmental delays and diagnoses.
- Participants of this workshop will examine how to incorporate this play therapy technique in their practice in order to facilitate a student, or group of students, to explore personal development, trauma and future goals in a safe and non-threatening environment.
- Participants of this workshop will create treatment plans central to play therapy and Sandtray therapy to best meet the needs of their student clients.
Instructor: Carmy Goodwin, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.