What’s Included in the Play Therapy Certificate Program?
Enrollment and tuition in the full Play Therapy Certificate Program includes the following:
- Ten monthly classes to complete 150 hours of play therapy training
- Hands on practical learning and clinical application at each class with qualified clinicians experienced in their class content area.
- Supplies for participation in workshop activities.
- Workshop PowerPoints and additional printed materials printed and bound for each workshop.
- Sandtray Therapy materials including a sand tray with lid, high quality sand and starter miniature set.
- Books provided to students to enhance learning, including:
– Dibs: In Search of Self
– I Love You Rituals
– No Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture your Child’s Developing Mind
- Referrals to qualified Registered Play Therapy Supervisors currently providing supervision to individual in the student’s community.
- Lending library of professional play therapy books (KC campus only).
- Lending library of professional play therapy games and materials (KC campus only).
Heartland Play offers play therapy workshops approved by the Association for Play Therapy and the National Board for Certified Counselors in three states, including Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas.
The Play Therapy Certificate Program is competitively priced for professionals, with a generous discount provided for graduate students (proof of current enrollment required).
|Child-Centered Play Therapy Phase||Date|
|Foundations of Child-Centered Play Therapy||February 7-8, 2020|
|Practice of Child-Centered Play Therapy Skills||June 26-27, 2020 Web-Based|
|Sandtray in Play Therapy||September 11-12, 2020 Web-Based|
|Systemic Play Therapy Phase||Date|
|Attachment: Creating Connection through Play Therapy||October 9-10, 2020 Web-Based|
|Special Topics in Play Therapy: Infants, Toddlers and Neurosensory Play||February 12-13, 2021 Web-Based|
|Engaging Adolescents in Play Therapy||March 5-6, 2021 Web-Based|
|Family Play Therapy||May 7-8, 2021 Web-Based|
|Directive Play Therapy Phase||Date|
|Theories of Directive Play Therapy||June 11-12, 2021 Web-Based|
|Play Therapy with Abuse and Trauma||July 16-17, 2021 Web-Based|
|Special Topics in Play Therapy: The Adult Inner Child & Grief||November 5-6, 2021 Web-Based|
Class times: Friday 12:30pm-8:30pm; Saturday 8:30am-6:00pm