Let’s Build!: Legos in Play Therapy – Kansas City/Live Webinar
This workshop is designed for the play therapist to “build” up their skills on incorporating Legos into their play therapy setting. Workshop participants will discuss and experientially process through strategies for encouraging expression and therapeutic processing through the use of Legos in the playroom with clients who have experienced trauma. Come build with us!
- Participants of this workshop will examine the Thera-Build model designed by Alyson Thomsen and apply these skills to increase the social-emotional development of trauma clients in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate 8-10 Lego based interventions to utilize in the play therapy setting immediately.
- Participants of this workshop will compare and examine individual play therapy techniques and processing versus group play therapy techniques and processing while utilizing Legos in the playroom.
Instructor: Carmy Goodwin, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S™
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Afternoon Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.