Intake, Consultation and Termination with Parents in CCPT: Keeping Parents On Board So They Don’t Go Overboard – Live CONTACT Web-Based Workshop
Working with parents/caregivers in the practice of the theoretical model of Child-Centered Play Therapy is one of the more complex components of the theory. Do you have a plan for when you will connect with them? How will you build your relationship with them? How do you help them understand the process of CCPT? How will you know if they have concerns about the process? Join us to explore strategies to engage parents and caregivers throughout the CCPT therapeutic process to keep them on board with utilization of CCPT to address the concerns for their child.
- Participants of this workshop will assess the benefits and disadvantages of gathering background on children engaged in Child-Centered Play Therapy and identify the typical stages of Play Therapy as described by Louise Guerney, as well as the Therapeutic Powers of Play as described by Schaefer and Drewes.
- Participants of this workshop will assess the expectations of parents in parent consultation and identify the five components of the Child-Centered Parent Consultation Model.
- Participants of this workshop will identify when termination is indicated in Child-Centered Play Therapy and assess the process of termination.
Instructor: Lori Peterson, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
8:45-10:15 Sign-In, and Training Begins
10:30-12:00 Training Continues, Post-Test and Evaluations
- The workshop powerpoint and login information will be provided by email one day prior to the workshop. No refunds for workshop fees will be provided if the withdrawal request is received after 8:00 am CST on the day before the scheduled workshop.
- CE Certificates are provided at the conclusion of the workshop to individuals who register, login and participate in the live web-based workshop.
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 8:00 am CST the day before the scheduled workshop in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
- If a student does not login and participate in the workshop the student will not be eligible for a refund or a CE certificate for the workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.