There are no happy endings. Endings are the saddest part, so just give me a happy middle and a very happy start” -Shel Silverstein
Grief is sweeping the world at a rapid rate! Its signs are evident through the screens of our therapy sessions. It does not discriminate against age, race, gender or religion. At this time it can feel as if we are faced with a red light in life. Join us to learn how to play in the midst of the loss as well as utilize play to process grief. There is a green light on the other side of this red light! #thisisnottheend
- Participants of this workshop will examine Worden’s four tasks of grief through a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate play therapy activities specifically related to Worden’s tasks while working with client’s in unique environments.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the unique role of the play therapist while navigating grief through Telehealth.
- Participants of this workshop will assess and discuss bibliotherapy strategies in relation to the grief process as it pertains to play therapy.
Instructor: Amber Johnson, LCPC, RPT-S™
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Afternoon Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.