Fundamentals of Play Therapy
This course is designed to provide the student with a practical introduction to both directive and non-directive play therapy principles.
1. The workshop will focus on the fundamental principles central to play therapy.
2. The workshop will provide an overview of the basic tenants of child centered play therapy and therapeutic responses of the play therapist.
3. The workshop will provide an overview of play therapy themes and their possible meaning to the child.
4. The workshop will instruct the play therapist on best practices in setting up a playroom and therapeutic limit setting in play therapy.
5. The workshop will provide an overview of incorporating directive play therapy activities into the Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy model.
Instructor: Lori Peterson, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S