In this advanced workshop, participants will examine variations to the traditional Child-Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT) model. Participants will strengthen their knowledge of each of the 10-session models through big and small group discussion, video and case examples and have the opportunity to demonstrate multiple experiential strategies to use with a wide variety of client family dynamics.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the cultural implications of the CPRT model and explore interventions when working with racially diverse clients.
- Participants of this workshop will examine and reflect on personal cultural humility and its implications while implementing the CPRT model to clients from diverse backgrounds that differ from their own.
- Participants will explore modifications and demonstrate strategies for using the CPRT model with toddlers.
- Participants will explore modifications and demonstrate strategies for using the CPRT model with pre-adolescents.
- Participants will explore modifications and demonstrate strategies for using the CPRT model with adopted families.
- Participants will explore modifications and demonstrate strategies for using the CPRT model with foster families.
Instructor: Kate Weir, Ed.S., M.Ed., LPC, RPT-S
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Workshop Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.