Parents and guardians – there is no way around it, play therapists have to work with them. The clearer the child therapist can be with their therapeutic expectations and goals, the better the relationship will be overall. This workshop is designed for the play therapist to become familiar with the Child-Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT) program and protocol and to feel confident using the entire protocol, or portions of it, in their therapeutic work with parents and guardians.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the history of the CPRT program through the play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the purpose of CPRT and how to incorporate that purpose into their direct play therapy practice.
- Participants of this workshop will identify whether or not a parent/guardian is an appropriate candidate for the CPRT protocol.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate how to conduct pre- and post-intervention assessments with parents in their play therapy practice.
- Participants of this workshop will create an example of structured CPRT sessions, highlighting the key components of each session, with parents and discuss how to engage parents to structure their sessions with their children.
- Participants of this workshop will examine multi-cultural considerations of the CPRT protocol in the context of play therapy.
Instructor: Kate Weir, Ed.S., M.Ed., LPC, RPT-S™
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:00 Training Continues
12:30-2:30 Training Resumes
2:30-2:45 Afternoon Break
2:45-4:00 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.