Want to learn ways to connect with and encourage students in the school setting? Come explore how to use Adlerian Play Therapy to enhance your effectiveness in doing school-based play therapy. Learn ways to develop a team of Encouragement Agents to support your work in the school. Go in and beyond the playroom supporting student success!
- Participants of this workshop will describe 3 specific Adlerian Play Therapy techniques to be utilized in common areas of the school such as in the hallways, lunchroom, and during arrival & dismissal.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate the use of the Adlerian Play Therapy skill of encouragement with students.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate the use of the Adlerian Play Therapy skill of metacommunication with students.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate the use of the Adlerian Play Therapy skill of limit-setting with students.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate the use of the Adlerian Play Therapy concepts of crucial C’s, personality priorities, and temperament with students.
- Participants of this workshop will prepare school-wide teams to incorporate the basic tenets of play therapy in order to become Encouragement Agents within the school setting.
Instructor: Kim Feeney, LISW, RPT-S
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:00 Training Continues
12:30-2:00 Training Resumes
2:00-2:15 Afternoon Break
2:15-4:00 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.