Adlerian Play Therapy in the School Setting – Live Webinar
Want to learn ways to connect with and encourage students in the school setting? Come explore how to use Adlerian Play Therapy to enhance your effectiveness in doing school-based play therapy. Learn ways to develop a team of Encouragement Agents to support your work in the school. Go in and beyond the playroom supporting student success!
- Participants of this workshop will describe 3 specific Adlerian Play Therapy techniques to be utilized in common areas of the school such as in the hallways, lunchroom, and during arrival & dismissal.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate the use of the Adlerian Play Therapy skill of encouragement with students.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate the use of the Adlerian Play Therapy skill of metacommunication with students.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate the use of the Adlerian Play Therapy skill of limit-setting with students.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate the use of the Adlerian Play Therapy concepts of crucial C’s, personality priorities, and temperament with students.
- Participants of this workshop will prepare school-wide teams to incorporate the basic tenets of play therapy in order to become Encouragement Agents within the school setting.
Instructor: Kim Feeney, LISW, RPT-S
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:15 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.