The Therapeutic Application of Board Games in Play Therapy – Live CONTACT Web-Based Workshop
Limited to 40 participants
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 3 CONTACT CE Hours
This 3-hour play therapy workshop is dedicated to preparing workshop participants to utilize board games in the playroom with a variety of client needs and diagnoses. This experiential workshop will provide a history of using games in play therapy both formally and informally, as well as allow for participants to create, adapt and/or collaborate on their own therapeutically beneficial board game for their clients.
- Participants in this workshop will analyze and discuss the pros and cons of using board games in the playroom with children, adolescents and/or adults as well as discuss play therapy approaches when working with board games in order to enhance their overall effectiveness in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will develop and create their own board game, or modify an existing board game, to be used therapeutically as a play therapy intervention while discussing the therapeutic application that meets the needs of their client’s clinical treatment plan.
- Participants in this workshop will experientially demonstrate 4-5 play therapy activities utilizing traditional, created, or therapeutic board games and discuss the pros and cons for allowing cheating in the playroom.
Instructor: Dr. Lindsay Bonebrake, LCPC, LPC, RPT-S, NCC, CCMHC
Live Web-Based Workshop Policy:
For a successful web-based workshop that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
This course is available as a live web-based workshop
6701 W. 64th Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66202
1209 E. Walnut St.
Columbia MO 65201
2100 West University Street
Wichita, KS 67213
Orchard Place Child Guidance Center
805 5th Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309
Immanuel Medical Center: Conference Center
6901 N. 72nd St.
Omaha, NE 68131