The Therapeutic Application of Board Games in Play Therapy – Live CONTACT Web-Based Workshop
Limited to 40 participants
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 3 CONTACT CE Hours
This 3-hour play therapy workshop is dedicated to preparing workshop participants to utilize board games in the playroom with a variety of client needs and diagnoses. This experiential workshop will provide a history of using games in play therapy both formally and informally, as well as allow for participants to create, adapt and/or collaborate on their own therapeutically beneficial board game for their clients.
- Participants in this workshop will analyze and discuss the pros and cons of using board games in the playroom with children, adolescents and/or adults as well as discuss play therapy approaches when working with board games in order to enhance their overall effectiveness in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will develop and create their own board game, or modify an existing board game, to be used therapeutically as a play therapy intervention while discussing the therapeutic application that meets the needs of their client’s clinical treatment plan.
- Participants in this workshop will experientially demonstrate 4-5 play therapy activities utilizing traditional, created, or therapeutic board games and discuss the pros and cons for allowing cheating in the playroom.
Live Web-Based Workshop Policy:
For a successful web-based workshop that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.