Grief comes in many forms. Grief can be a challenging topic and processing it can be even more challenging. This workshop will examine the various forms of grief, as well as demonstrate experiential play therapy techniques and tools in navigating grief work in a play therapy setting. Participants will take a journey through the stages of grief and demonstrate hands on tools and techniques for each stage. A systemic, as well as client-centered approach, will be discussed and processed. Time to bust out some kleenex!
- Participants of this workshop will examine categories of grief and loss through a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will assess important characteristics, functioning levels, and attributes of a child and/or an adult client to appropriately navigate the process of grief as it relates to play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze developmental reactions and responses to the grief process utilizing play therapy techniques.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the unique role of the play therapist while navigating grief in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze the stages of dying and demonstrate at least 5 play therapy activities related to those stages while working with the child and the parent system in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will assess and discuss bibliotherapy strategies in relation to the grief process as it pertains to play therapy theories.
- Participants of this workshop will explore and share about cultural diversity within grief work in child and adult therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will create a play therapy treatment plan specific to their clients based upon the play therapy techniques demonstrated in the workshop.
Instructor: Amber Johnson, LCPC, RPT-S™
8:30-10:00 Sign-In, Play Check-In & Training Begins
10:00-10:15 Morning Break
10:15-12:00 Training Continues
12:30-2:30 Training Continues
2:30-2:45 Afternoon Break
2:45-5:00 Training Continues with Workshop Conclusion
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
- Cancellation requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Cancellation and/or rescheduled requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop, a $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop a $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.