Play Therapy with EMDR: Techniques and Strategies to Utilize EMDR with Children and Teens – Kansas City – SOLD OUT!
This workshop is designed to focus on play therapy interventions and adaptations for therapists wanting to use EMDR with children and teens. Following this workshop, participants will be able to demonstrate play therapy interventions to assist with all phases of the EMDR protocol. Experiential play therapy activities and case examples will be utilized throughout the training to assist clinicians to case conceptualize how to effectively implement the EMDR protocol with children and teens in the play therapy setting.
- Participants of this workshop will review the EMDR protocol while applying common play therapy attachment approaches to understand how EMDR is facilitated with children and teens.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze and discuss information related to the brain and trauma and identify ways to teach parents and children about how the brain works with EMDR for informed consent in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate 5 play therapy techniques that aim to increase client engagement in all phases of the EMDR protocol, including assessment of EMDR targets, resourcing, reprocessing, assessing SUD and VOC, closing out incomplete sessions, and body scans.
- Participants of this workshop will create a treatment plan by reviewing case examples and video for what EMDR can look like with children using play therapy techniques while maintaining protocol fidelity in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will describe personal and unique challenges in working with children and when to modify or adjust EMDR protocol to address those needs, including developmental age of the trauma, resource development, and inclusion of caregivers in the play therapy setting.
- Participants of this workshop will utilize Sandtray techniques to create ways to assess for targets, resource clients, and complete reprocessing in the playroom.
Instructor: Elizabeth Miranda, MS, LCMFT, LPC, RPT-S, EMDR Certified Therapist
8:30-10:15 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:15-10:30 Morning Break
10:30-12:00 Training Continues
12:00-1:00 Lunch Break
1:00-2:45 Training Continues
2:45-3:00 Afternoon Break
3:00-5:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.