Integrating Clinical and Play Therapy Skills in Supervision – Omaha
6901 N. 72nd St.
Omaha, NE 68131
Are you feeling overwhelmed in your role as a clinical or play therapy supervisor? This workshop is designed to help you leverage your clinical and/or play therapy skills to further enhance and develop your supervision skills. You will leave this workshop with increased confidence and knowledge in your role as a supervisor.
- Participants of this workshop will review the Supervisor Complexity Model to consider the stages of supervisor skill development as it relates to providing clinical and/or play therapy supervision.
- Participants of this workshop will consider the definition and functions of clinical and play therapy supervision.
- Participants of this workshop will review the Integrated Developmental Model of supervision that can be applied when providing supervision for individuals who are providing clinical and/or play therapy services.
- Participants of the workshop demonstrate a variety of supervision interventions to be utilized to facilitate a supervisee’s self-awareness and insight, as well as resolve reluctance and resistance as it relates to their clinical and play therapy practice.
Instructors: Lori Peterson, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
8:45-10:15: Sign-In, Play Check-In and Training
10:15-10:30 Morning Break
10:30-12:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.