The science is clear: Adverse Childhood Experiences and Developmental Trauma have a profound impact on the development of our brains and bodies. This workshop is designed for play therapists to explore through the play therapy lens how trauma is passed down from generation to generation, through both behavior and genetics. In addition, this workshop will examine Shawna Murray Browne’s Liberation-Focused Framework and how to apply it in the playroom.
1. Participants of this workshop will examine the play therapist’s role in intergenerational trauma as it applies to marginalized communities.
2. Participants of this workshop will discuss how intergenerational trauma presents in their clients in the playroom.
3. Participants of this workshop will examine the Liberation-Focused Framework of healing to increase the play therapist’s overall cultural competence for working with diverse clients.
4. Participants of this workshop apply components of the Liberation Focused Framework to play therapy.
5. Participants of this workshop will identify other play therapy modalities that are appropriate for healing intergenerational trauma.
6. Participants of this workshop will create a therapeutic intervention, based in play, that can address intergenerational trauma.
Instructor: Brittany Talley, MA, LPC, RPT-S
9:00-10:30 Sign-In, Play Check-In, and Training
10:30-10:45 Morning Break
10:45-12:00 Training Continues
1:00-2:30 Training Continues
2:30-2:45 Afternoon Break
2:45-4:30 Training Continues, Wrap-up, Post-Test & Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.