- Graduated with Master of Arts in Counseling from Covenant Seminary in 2009
- Credentialed in Missouri as a Licensed Professional Counselor in 2011
- Graduated January 2013 from KC Play Therapy Institute
- Credentialed as RPT since April 2013
- Credentialed as RPT-S since March 2015
- Graduated with Training for Adoption Competency (TAC) through the Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) in 2021
- Angie worked for five years in a community mental health setting, providing school-based counseling services for K-8th grade students and also working with adolescent substance abuse, ages 12-17, providing individual, group and family counseling.
- Since 2014, Angie has been working with children and adolescent clients, as well as parent coaching, LPC supervision and RPT supervision in private practice.
- Angie is a visiting professor of Clinical and Community Mental Health at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis.
Angie enjoys helping children, adolescents, families and parents deepen connections with themselves, others and the world around them. One of her core beliefs is that parent and family involvement are an important part of producing lasting change for each client. Angie’s passion is using creativity to express thoughts, feelings and behaviors. She loves the use of sand tray therapy, games, expressive art, and physical activity to engage clients where they are. She is enthusiastic about working with parents to develop and increase attachment, bonding and communication. In regard to supervision, Angie seeks to build rapport with supervisees, as well as provide effective, professional and ethical supervision. A strengths-based approach and focus on self-care are important elements of Angie’s supervision sessions.